What does it do?
The liver has many jobs.
- Its job is to make bile to break down food. Bile is stored in the gallbladder.
- Its job is to breakdown nutrients. Nutrients are absorbed from the small intestines. The liver breaks it down so the body can use it.
- Its job is to filter harmful waste. It breaks down and removes harmful chemicals through bile, poop, and urine.
- Its job is to store extra glucose and release it when the body needs it.
- Liver: Anatomy and Functions. John Hopkins Medicine. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/liver-anatomy-and-functions. Accessed December 1, 2020.