Gluten Free Diet
What is a gluten free diet?
Gluten free diet is cutting out food that contain gluten. The gluten free diet is commonly followed by people with celiac disease.
What is gluten?
Gluten is protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. Gluten helps food stick together, like glue.
- Wheat: bread, cakes, cookies, soups, pasta, cereals, sauces, salad dressing, roux
- Barley: malt, food coloring, soups, beer
- Rye: rye bread, rye beer, cereal
Gluten free foods
- Wild rice
- Oats (labeled gluten free)
- What is Gluten? Celiac Disease Foundation. https://celiac.org/gluten-free-living/what-is-gluten/. Accessed January 20, 2021.