Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR)
What is GFR?
GFR is glomerular filtration rate. Measures how well the kidneys are working to clean blood.
What do the results show?
A blood test can show your eGFR (estimated glomerular filtration rate). It shows the level of kidney function.
Stages of kidney disease
- Stage 1: greater than 90 (normal range with signs of kidney damage)
- Stage 2: 60-89 (mild kidney damage)
- Stage 3: 45-59 (moderate kidney damage)
- Stage 3: 30-44 (moderate kidney damage)
- Stage 4: 15-29 (severe kidney damage)
- Stage 5: less than 15 (kidney failure)
- Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR). National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/gfr. Published September 14, 2020. Accessed January 24, 2021.